Critical illness updates, for plans that adapt when life changes
Our recent changes provide greater financial support to your clients and their family.
What are the improvements?
- Children’s Critical Illness Extra
- Increasing the maximum Children’s Critical Illness Extra payments from £30k to £35k (or 50% of the amount of cover if lower)
- Increasing the maximum Children’s Critical Illness Extra Children’s Terminal Illness from £10k to £35k (or 50% of the amount of cover if lower)
- Increasing Children’s Critical Illness Extra Child Funeral Benefit pay-outs from £5k to £10k
- Increasing the maximum Children’s Critical Illness Extra Family Accommodation benefit from £1k to £3k
- Improvements to cancer, heart attack and dementia including Alzheimer’s disease definitions to provide greater clarity in the event of a claim
- Updates to Changing Your Policy (also known as GIO’s) means your clients have more opportunities to increase their cover without answering further medical questions for certain life events
Critical Illness Extra and Children’s Critical Illness Extra are intermediary exclusive products.
Plans that change with your client
We understand it’s important to find the right plan for your client.
With the updates to our Guaranteed Insurability Options (GIO’s), clients can increase their cover for certain life events, such as getting married/entering into a registered civil partnership or increasing a mortgage due to a house move. Eligibility criteria applies.
In addition to our cover changing with your client, our products include extra layers of protection with Umbrella Benefits (our range of value-added services and optional benefits). With Wellbeing Support (provided by RedArc Assured Limited) included as standard, personalised help from a registered nurse is just a phone call away. We know how important it is to get answers as quickly as possible when facing serious illness, so our Private Diagnostics* can help give your clients results in just a few weeks.
Here for you and your clients
All of these improvements help our products to support your clients’ changing needs.
Helping you to service your business is at the heart of what we do. Our dedicated sales and service teams make it easier for you to advise your clients. We understand your business so we can help with challenges, while also being on-hand to support you wherever you are. Find your team here.
Our Market Development Team (MDM) is unique to Legal & General in the protection market, offering a consistent level of support to advisers across the UK. The team can deliver bespoke, insightful, and engaging seminar content alongside webinar programmes, training workshops and academies.
Find out more about our upgraded critical illness offering and how it can continue to help your clients and their families.
* Insured by AXIS Specialty Europe SE. The support and services are provided by Trustedoctor, a sister company of Further Underwriting International SLU.