The Legal & General Personal Pension is a flexible, tax-efficient way of investing for your long-term future. You can start saving into our Personal Pension if you're a UK resident aged between 18 and 74, and start withdrawing money from age 55.
If you're a member of a Legal & General Workplace Pension, you may have the option to consolidate into that scheme, which could be suitable for your needs.
The value of your investment will go up and down. It isn’t guaranteed, so you may get back less than you put in. Tax rules may change in the future. If you're not sure our Personal Pension is right for you, we recommend seeking professional financial advice.
Why transfer into a Legal & General Personal Pension?
- Five diversified fund solutions to choose from based on your risk appetite
- Manage your account online, anytime
- Consolidate your pensions into one account and benefit from low service charges of 0.25% and a Fund Management Charge of just 0.31%
It depends on your individual circumstances. You might want to consolidate your pensions to one product, for lower fees and charges or to make it easier to see how much you’ve saved. But you might have good reasons not to transfer or consolidate a particular pension. For example, if:
- Your existing pension has lower charges or penalties for transferring.
- You'd lose benefits or guarantees - We can't accept 'final salary' schemes, plans invested in With Profit funds and those with Guaranteed benefits.
- The pension is still being paid into by an employer - we can't accept active workplace pensions.
Choose your risk level
The first step is to choose your risk level from one of five multi-index funds - but don't worry - you don't have to be a financial wizard to do this. We lay it out so you can clearly see your options.
Open a Personal Pension
When you open a Personal Pension with us, we’ll ask you to tell us about any existing providers or pension pots you know the details of – it’s a good idea to have this information ready before you start.
Transfer in any pensions
Lastly, once you've set up a Personal Pension, you can tell us of any potentially lost pension pots you may have and we can transfer them over with our free tracing service.