- Extra cover to help your recovery
- A range of specified illnesses covered
- UK’s Number One Life Insurance provider
Critical Illness Cover can be an invaluable way of protecting you and your family against the financial implications you would face if you were diagnosed with a critical illness. It can be added for an extra cost when taking out Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance.
How does Critical Illness Cover work?
You and loved ones could receive a cash sum if you’re diagnosed with, or undergo a medical procedure for one of the specified critical illnesses that we cover during the length of your policy, and you survive for 14 days from diagnosis. It could help with child care costs, household bills or to help maintain your standard of living if you're forced to take time off work to recover.
Here's some great reasons to take out cover with us:
- Children's Critical Illness Cover is included as standard. Terms and conditions apply.
- No-one covers more families in the UK than us** (based on new life insurance sales).
- We paid out £224 million in critical illness cover claims in 2022, helping 3236 people and their families.
- Get a quote online in 2 minutes, you could be covered in just 20.
- Wellbeing Support. We've partnered with RedArc Assured Limited to bring you access to our Wellbeing Support service. Their registered nurses provide a wide range of phone-based wellbeing services, supporting your wellbeing and mental health. Find out more
- Care Concierge Free access to our team of Care Experts, this confidential and impartial telephone advisory service can help you or loved ones understand and find later life care. Find out more
This page was last reviewed by our team of financial protection experts on 6 November 2023.