Skipton Building Society
How to register with this lender as a new user
You will need to register with eMortgages to access Skipton Building Society for Intermediaries complete range of Online Services.
Please note, you can only register using a company email address, they do not accept personal email addresses for registrations.
What you can do in eMortgages
- Request a Decision in Principle (DIP), Mortgage Illustration (MIL), or Full Mortgage Application (FMA)
- Reprint a previously completed DIP/MIL or FMA
- Partially complete a DIP/MIL/DMA and return to complete it later
- Get instant lending indications from the DIP
- View a list of all your cases created online
- Update your registration details
- Track your case.
There eMortgage system is available between 7am-10pm Monday to Friday, 7am-7pm Saturday and 10am-7pm Sunday.
How to add Mortgage Club as a payment route with this lender
Make sure to select Legal & General as the mortgage club on the drop down box on eMortgages.
How to contact this lender
Who we are
Skipton Building Society has been helping people buy homes since 1853. The vast majority of the Society’s lending is done through intermediaries like you – because we believe you’re well placed to know your clients and understand their needs. We’re here to lay the foundations to help you create more home owners.
“Our approach represents all those times you’ve worked with a lender and needed to speak to an underwriter but couldn’t, or had a decision from a computer when a person would have been better. They’re small things that make a big difference, and this outlines the practical steps we’re taking to make things faster, better and easier for you and your clients.”
Paul Fenn, Director of Business Development, Skipton Building Society.
What we do
Tight deadlines. Shifting goalposts. Policy changes galore. If the really satisfying parts of being a mortgage broker didn’t exist, you’d wonder why anyone does it. So instead of making big, bold statements and promising the world, we stick to the basics: we do our job with a view to helping you enjoy doing yours.
That starts with taking a common sense, straightforward approach to lending. Doing the really simple stuff like listening to brokers, and their clients, and acting on their feedback. When you place a case with us, you’re getting:
- access to our underwriting team if you need it
- any extra documents requested at initial underwrite reviewed within a target time of 24 hours.
- support from a network of dedicated BDMs
- a combination of technology and the human touch, so simple cases should fly through and more complicated cases get the attention they need
- clear, timely communications.
- support via web chat, phone, email, video call, Twitter for general queries, case updates and new enquiries.
Products – choose from a range of Skipton mortgage products for your clients.
Lending criteria – view lending criteria to assess client suitability.
Literature – download useful literature and forms.
|Fee received from lender
|We'll pay you
|Buy to Let||0.500%||0.450%|
|Product Transfers - BTL||0.350%||0.330%|
|Product Transfers - Resi||0.300%||0.280%|